Birmingham Airport is 8 miles south east of Birmingham city centre, in the Metropolitan Borough of Solihull. The airport is the 7th busiest in the UK and almost 10 million passengers used the airport in 2014. The airport offers both domestic flights within the UK, and international flights to destinations in Europe, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent, North America and the Caribbean.
Birmingham Airport required a system that would provide them with a 360 degree view of their complex and numerous assets and assist them with the development of their internal asset strategy. Functional requirements included:
- Asset registration with documented essential static and dynamic data.
- Annual maintenance plans for all assets.
- Maintenance work order management.
- Maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Availability of accurate data and reports that provide facts for decision making, financial control and demonstration of regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Asset management and life cycle management.
- Strategic capital investment planning. Reporting on asset condition, initial capital investment, capital depreciation and replacement costs.
- Estates management.
- Resource management and business optimisation.
In addition to these functional requirements, it was also essential that Birmingham Airport selected a supplier which would take a partnership approach to the implementation of the system whilst remaining cost effective. tf cloud proved to be the best fitting solution and Birmingham Airport entered into a contract with The Technology Forge in March 2015.